The main activities of the committee include:
- Support and care of all Christian education activities including Nursery Care, Church School, Youth on Bloor (Y.O.B.) and Adult Christian education.
- Representation for BSU at the Y.O.B. three-church Advisory/Reference group.
- Support and mentorship of the Christian Education Church School leaders.
- Support and nurturing of ongoing Adult Education initiatives including Lectionary Group, Advent and Lenten Study Group, Exploration of Faith sessions, the Craddock Lecture and other education initiatives such as the Christian Art Tours and the Bible for Busy People.
- Support and nurturing of social community life activities such and biannual Community Dinners, young adult groups, and many other social events.
- Supporting Community Life by offering coffee, tea or water in the Narthex before the Sunday worship to socialize and welcome members and visitors.
We provide regular reports to the Church Council and the Congregation at the Annual Meeting. The chair of the CDCL committee is Jennifer Gordon. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org