The Communications Committee is responsible for spreading the word about Bloor Street's activities within the congregation, and to the community around us.
To accomplish these goals, we use as many media as we can to get the word out.
- Each Sunday morning, there is an information table in McClure Hall where the congregation has coffee after the church service. This table has fliers about upcoming events, sells the Choir's CD, and has staff ready to answer questions from newcomers and veteran churchgoers alike.
- Four times a year we publish Good News On Bloor, a newsletter, which is distributed electronically and on paper.(See the sidebar for current and past issues).
- We are in charge of the church website.
- We strive to share the activities and perspectives of Bloor Street with the surrounding community, the University of Toronto, and the world around us.
- The committee films talks and speakers of interest, and shares them on our website, as well as on our YouTube Channel.
- Publish ads and notices about Bloor Street United Church in newspapers and media
- Develop and maintain the signs and notice boards in and around Bloor Street United Church.
If you would like to reach us, there are a few ways to do that:
- To submit an item for the Good News on Bloor newsletter, please send an email to Isabel Ward.
- To report on any problems or concerns with the website, please contact our webmaster.