Save the date for our first Messy Church on Friday September 29 at 5:30pm! Details to follow.
What Messy Church Is:
- Messy Church is a form of church for children and adults that involves creativity, celebration and hospitality.
- It can be in-person, in-a-bag, or online!
- In person, it meets at a time (and sometimes in a place) that suits the community — but not usually on Sunday mornings
- It typically includes a welcome, a creative time to explore the biblical theme with activities, games and crafts; a celebration time involving story, prayer, and songs; and a sit-down meal together at tables. All parts are for (and should include) people of all ages, adults and children.
- It’s all-age.
- It’s fun.
- It’s a church for people at all stages of faith journey and of any age.
- It models and promotes good ways of growing as a family: a nuclear family, an extended family, and a global and local church family.
- Its aim is to introduce Jesus, to give an opportunity to encounter Christ and to grow in faith.
- Most Messy Churches meet once a month, although a few meet more frequently or more occasionally.