[vc_row][vc_column][vc_column_text]Bloor Street United Church considers the health and safety of our community to be of utmost importance. A statement issued by Shining Waters Regional Council on October 25th, 2021 provided a Covid-19 update relating to Ontario’s lifting of capacity limits with a required proof of vaccination. This allows BSUC to follow physical distancing guidelines provided a proof of vaccination requirement is implemented.
Before you come to worship
Bloor Street United Church is committed to keeping our community safe.
We request that you do not enter this building if you are experiencing any of the following:
• Shortness of breath
• Other cold or flu-like symptoms
Please continue to follow public health recommendations: frequent hand washing, avoid touching your face, practice physical/social distancing protocols and staying home when you are sick, to help stop the spread of illness.
Effective November 28, 2021, all church members, adherents, guests and visitors aged 12 and older will be required to show proof of two doses of the COVID-19 vaccine to attend worship services in the building.
Proof of full COVID-19 vaccination for children aged 5-11 will be required after vaccines become widely available for this age group.
There are two simple steps to register to attend in-person worship:
1. Register to attend in-person services online. You can register here.
2. Print or have on your phone your proof of vaccination to show when you arrive to the service. We will keep a record of your status on file so you need to provide this only once.
What to Expect at the Sunday service
In keeping with current guidelines, our worship service at this time will not include:
• congregational singing
• hymnals and Bibles in the pews
• physical Passing of the Peace
• circulation of the offering plate
Instead of providing your financial gift in an offering plate you are invited to donate online. There will be no Coffee Hour in McClure Hall. Limited paper bulletins will be available – this will be emailed out on Saturdays as usual, and on-screen.
When you arrive at Bloor Street
- Screening: You must self-screen for COVID-19 symptoms before coming to the building by answering health questions. You can use the Ontario COVID Customer Screening Tool.
- Wear a mask: All persons entering or remaining in these premises shall wear a mask, which covers the nose, mouth and chin as required under the City of Toronto By-law No. 541-2020. Masks are available at the door if you do not have one with you.
- Arrive early: The parking lot doors (red double doors) or accessibility ramp will open at 10:00 am, and we ask that you arrive by 10:20 am. The Narthex and entry doors from Bloor Street are not in use. Entry doors will remain closed unless monitored by volunteer in possession of the reservation list.
- Check-In: Worship Team members will meet you at the welcome desk to verify your identity and proof of double vaccination, and sign you in. Anyone entering the BSUC building must show proof of double vaccination (14 days from last shot) and be masked at all times while indoors.
- Remember hand hygiene: Hand sanitizer will be available at check-in.
- Dress for the weather: As you may need to wait outside for a brief time, please dress for the weather. We promise we will be working as quickly as possible to get everyone seated safely. Given the increasingly inclement weather, visitors should, immediately after entering the building, enter McClure Hall to drop off coats/umbrellas, etc. (racks to be spaced out) and then proceed to the Sanctuary via the south doors of the hall.
In the Sanctuary
- Follow greeter’s directions: Please sit in designated areas to ensure social distancing. Family groups and people in the same household may sit together. To allow for proper spacing, every other row will be left vacant/empty. The balcony will be open.
- Children remain with family: Families may sit together in pods (this and the # attendees should be noted at time of reservation) and children be monitored regarding masking or be kept from wandering away from the pod. Sunday School will continue on Zoom on a bi-weekly basis.
- Enjoy listening: There will be live music with organ/piano and soloists at a distance from the congregation.
- Refrain from singing: No full choir or congregational singing is permitted. We look forward to being able to sing together again in future, but at this time, we are limited to humming and/or mouthing the words behind our masks.
- No hymn books: There will be limited paper bulletins and no hymn books; the bulletin will be emailed out beforehand and we will project service content on the video screen.
- Remain seated: After you are seated, please do not walk around to visit with other congregation members.
After the Service
- Refreshments will not be served: The water fountain in the vestibule will be turned off. There will be no food service in the building. You may bring your own water bottle.
- Exit with distance from others: After the service, please remember to practice physical distancing, and remain 2 metres from others as you leave the sanctuary. Exit through the parking lot doors or courtyard doors to Bloor Street.
- Access washrooms as needed: Only washrooms within McClure Hall will be used (allowing for timely and regular disinfection). Windows in the washrooms will remain open during the service time, providing extra ventilation.
- Refrain from socializing: Social lingering within the building is discouraged. At this time, we will need to smile at friends and wave or talk at a distance until we are outside the church building.
Along with requiring masks, social distancing, and proof of vaccination, Bloor Street is keeping you safe by:
- All pews, hallways, doorknobs, doorframes/surfaces will be disinfected pre-and-post services
- Washrooms will be cleaned and regularly disinfected, contingent on intensity of use.
- Kleenex boxes have been removed from the pews.
- Hand sanitizers are available at entry door, McClure Hall north door, and Sanctuary entry door from the building interior.
- Windows will be open to increase ventilation and fresh air.
- Set-up for Minister, Musicians and other volunteers/staff supporting the service takes into account masking, social distancing and limiting sharing of mics/tech equipment, music stands, etc. or other touch points.
- Entry door to Sanctuary to be closed once services start, no latecomers permitted, to avoid disruptions to seating flow.
We will continue to offer online worship livestreamed via Zoomchurch. Alternatively, you can call 647-374-4685 or 647-558-0588, enter ID 361 611 8730, then press # #.
You can also view selected portions of the services afterwards via Bloor Street United’s YouTube page.[/vc_column_text][/vc_column][/vc_row]